Adverse Camber

I started this blog to get me through the London Marathon 2011. It was quite a challenge as I only started running on the 3rd of May 2010. I finished the marathon with painful blisters and quite a lot of money for a great charity!

This blog is now taking me on a new journey - to a fitter lifestyle aided by running.

Monday 11 April 2011

OMG!

OMG!  This sh*t just got real! 

My fundraising is over my minimum target and now heading for £2000 (only 7% away)... having nagged people into sponsoring me I actually have to do this now!

Today I had my last pre-marathon PT session and then went for a brief swim, PT Steve was even kind enough to sponsor me £20 (and don't forget this is the guy who knows how unfit I am!).  I think I may do a mile tomorrow and then a walk on Thursday.

This is the week of distraction techniques, anything to NOT think about the marathon - when someone starts talking about it I have to play white noise in my head and change the conversation.  I even volunteered to give up some of my holiday to teach Easter school and am getting my hair cut Friday... I don't know what else to do to keep myself busy and distracted!  Anything but think about Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment