Adverse Camber

I started this blog to get me through the London Marathon 2011. It was quite a challenge as I only started running on the 3rd of May 2010. I finished the marathon with painful blisters and quite a lot of money for a great charity!

This blog is now taking me on a new journey - to a fitter lifestyle aided by running.

Friday 8 April 2011

9 days and counting

I admit it.  I am more nervous than I ever have been before.  I am about to do the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.  I don't think I have ever given myself such a challenge before.  I am still not sure I can do this, I am not sure my body will hold up, or my spirits - not for 26.2 miles.

I am going to try and name a mile after people in my life so that I have to run every single one of the twenty six for that person (and therefore cannot let them down).  Two boys in my class baggsied miles one and two, I had to stop the other kids from adding to it otherwise I would be running 29 just for them!  Mile three will be for the rest of the class.  The only other miles I have assigned people to are mile 26 (I'm running that one for me) and the last 385 yards?  They are for Su, without whom I would still be on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment