Adverse Camber

I started this blog to get me through the London Marathon 2011. It was quite a challenge as I only started running on the 3rd of May 2010. I finished the marathon with painful blisters and quite a lot of money for a great charity!

This blog is now taking me on a new journey - to a fitter lifestyle aided by running.

Tuesday 12 April 2011

Nerves

I knew I was being cunning in agreeing to work two days of the holiday; it distracted me.  The problem is now I have finished, it's Expo tomorrow and I feel as if I have a hundred mice nibbling at my insides.  Damn mice!  I'm also getting very emotional, people's generousity means I am only now 2% away from £2k and I've just watched one of those afternoon TV movies that are designed entirely to make you cry.  This was one I've seen before, Scott Bakula as a Cesna pilot whose navigation equipment has malfunctioned and he is rescued by an Air New Zealand jet.  I feel like the Cesna pilot, especially towards the end of the film where he has been flying for twenty-three hours and a storm is buffeting him as he tries to land in Auckland.  The marathon is a bit like a long flight, hours in departure wasting money on duty free (or running gear) and then you are called to depart - this is when the nerves kick in - and then you are off!  Whether you have a smooth flight or hit turbulance depends on so many factors, both within and without your control.  I guess we'll just have to wait until Sunday to see what kind of marathon I have... smooth I hope.  At the very least I hope I don't have to get rescued!

No comments:

Post a Comment