Adverse Camber

I started this blog to get me through the London Marathon 2011. It was quite a challenge as I only started running on the 3rd of May 2010. I finished the marathon with painful blisters and quite a lot of money for a great charity!

This blog is now taking me on a new journey - to a fitter lifestyle aided by running.

Sunday 2 January 2011

New Year - New You?

We all know resolutions actually start on the second of January, everyone is far too hung over and craving bad foods to start on the first.

What is your resolution for this year?  I am not in the habit of setting resolutions, instead I used to set myself 'goals' as a teenager, things to achieve.  Unfortunately I often set these in a dreamy state of mind and without much practical idea of how to achieve these goals.  It became quite depressing at the end of every December to realise I had yet to achieve many of these.  This year I am going back to that old habit, but I am going to set goals that I can achieve if I apply myself and work hard.  Here they go:

  1. Finish the London Marathon on the 17th of April 2011
  2. Defeat ill health and lead an energetic and normal life - eat well and get fit
  3. Get my work/life balance sorted by not working over and above
  4.  Actually go on holiday
  5. Find time to enjoy the things in life that make life worth living: read more books, go to the theatre, spend more time with my often neglected boyfriend, visit my friends.
So, five possible-to-achieve goals for 2011.  

I don't want to go into all the miseries, but I am very glad to see the back of 2010 and am full of hope for 2011.  Onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment