Adverse Camber

I started this blog to get me through the London Marathon 2011. It was quite a challenge as I only started running on the 3rd of May 2010. I finished the marathon with painful blisters and quite a lot of money for a great charity!

This blog is now taking me on a new journey - to a fitter lifestyle aided by running.

Saturday 18 December 2010

Dedication in Winter

It is snowing.  I don't mean the pretty frosting over grass and tree branches, I mean properly snowing where you can't see much in front of your face.  In my life time I have never known this in December.  As a child I was always depressed by how wet and mild it was every single Christmas Day.  One year I even prayed to God for snow on Christmas Day; He took me literally and sent a few flakes that lasted all of five seconds.

It has been a hectic week or two and I have not been out running as I should have, I have only been out on the last two Saturdays.  Last Saturday I did six miles or so, today I probably did two and there is a very good reason for this.

 Now do you see why?  The white haze is blizzard like snow and running into it is no fun...I could not see anything.

Some people tell me I'm crazy - HELLO!  I signed up to run 26 miles before I could even jog one!  And it is because of this I have to keep going, even in the bad weather.
 

Today I ran on the snow covered grass as this is uneven and hard to slip on, I avoided all the paths as they are very slippery.  I also went on line last night to look for grips for my shoes, but Yaktrax are all out in my size.  I don't think you realise how oddly you run on snow until you come inside and find yourself doing your best John Wayne impression.

Anyway, despite the weird weather I actually rather enjoyed myself this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment