Adverse Camber

I started this blog to get me through the London Marathon 2011. It was quite a challenge as I only started running on the 3rd of May 2010. I finished the marathon with painful blisters and quite a lot of money for a great charity!

This blog is now taking me on a new journey - to a fitter lifestyle aided by running.

Saturday 25 September 2010

Illness

It's probably an exaggeration to title this post 'Illness', after all I only have the rampant cold that is going around the staff at school, if not the children.  However, this mild and rritating infection has really hit my training this week.  I have managed to keep going, but very slowly.  

Friends warned me about the strain on the heart (my heart certainly was beating faster than normal) and a running colleague warned that exercising when ill can do more damage than good. I had to keep going though, as I feared doing nothing would be undoing the good progress made so far.  This week I have managed a total of three slow miles.  Today is a sofa day and we'll see what tomorrow brings.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon. It is always tough to press forward when feeling ill. Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog. I truly appreciate your compliments and encouraging thoughts. I will certainly take heed. Continued success on your training. I am now following you, so I can cheer for you on the other side of the pond.

    ReplyDelete