Adverse Camber

I started this blog to get me through the London Marathon 2011. It was quite a challenge as I only started running on the 3rd of May 2010. I finished the marathon with painful blisters and quite a lot of money for a great charity!

This blog is now taking me on a new journey - to a fitter lifestyle aided by running.

Thursday 18 August 2011

Training

Oh dear.  Two people have sponsored me for the Great South Run in October.  This means I am now going to have to seriously contemplate my training.  The truth is, although I have been to the gym over the summer I've only been on one or two short runs since the London 10k in July.  Now I have to get training again and the weather is not helping- Biblical style rain has been falling all afternoon.  The kind of rain that soaks you within seconds.

It was a cunning plan - signing up for more races.  If I did not have the committment of races and fundraising my running would have gone the way of all my other bright ideas.
So, I shall wait out the rain and then don my (new) Mizunos and off we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment