Adverse Camber

I started this blog to get me through the London Marathon 2011. It was quite a challenge as I only started running on the 3rd of May 2010. I finished the marathon with painful blisters and quite a lot of money for a great charity!

This blog is now taking me on a new journey - to a fitter lifestyle aided by running.

Monday 2 May 2011

Is it all over?

I have been debating this in the two weeks since the marathon.  Two weeks - it seems like much longer ago, only the blisters hanging in there seem to remind me it was so recent.

Anyway - this blog was to see me on my journey to the marathon and I have done that now - so do I still need a blog?  You will notice I had to put a subtitle to this blog as someone else had already nabbed Adverse Camber on its own.  I don't like the subtitle, 'from fat to fit' but if I am being honest I have not achieved that yet.  I am still overweight and I really am not very fit at all.  So, perhaps this blog should continue to drive me towards a healthier and fitter lifestyle?

Today was my third run since the VLM.  I have a 5k in three weeks and a 10k in ten so I need to get back into training if I want to improve on my pitiful times.  Ages ago I downloaded the MiCoach app to my iphone and yesterday I did the assessment workout and today set to work on a traning program I tailored to my requirements on line.  I had what can only be described as my first ever fartlek session - eek!  It was very much like going back to basics, walking interspersed with hard running sections.  It wasn't easy and I was very glad when it was over, but it made me realise how I have been very much running in my comfort zone.  The two MiCoach workouts have made me sweat and get breathless, which I guess can only be a good thing on the path to a fitter life?

I hope no one buys doughnuts for the staffroom tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment