Adverse Camber

I started this blog to get me through the London Marathon 2011. It was quite a challenge as I only started running on the 3rd of May 2010. I finished the marathon with painful blisters and quite a lot of money for a great charity!

This blog is now taking me on a new journey - to a fitter lifestyle aided by running.

Sunday 27 March 2011

Hay Fever

For me the official hay fever season has kicked off.  During the winter I always seem to forget how annoying this is only to be hit with it almost by surprise.

I went for my 'long' run Saturday, but sans sunglasses as I had mislaid them since I hadn't needed them for a while.  I also made the mistake of only taking one tissue with me.  It's not terribly attractive running around the park with eyes and nostrils running like a tap.  I meant to do 20 miles, but with the sniffles and my boredom threshold reached I called it a day at ten.  You see, the other thing with hay fever is that it completely wipes out your energy and I was being pitifully slow (even for me).

This year I have stocked up on cetrizine hydrochloride aka the generic non-brand version of Piriteze and hope to save some money.  Thanks must go to my yoga teacher for reminding me there is always a generic to buy cheaper at the chemists (I should've known as I used to work in one).

It takes a few days for the anti-histimanes to kick in so hopefully I will feel more energetic by the end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment